Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Looking for a finger food combining chicken and fruit in a sweet and tangy sauce?! Then look no further! (Recipe could also be made in the crockpot to keep warm...)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Season chicken with pepper.
- In large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and saute, tossing until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add raspberry preserves and chili sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks and cook for 1-2 minutes, to heat through.
- Serve with toothpicks and cocktail napkins.
- Note: If you can't find seedless raspberry preserves, heat regular raspberry jam over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Then strain through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Proceed with recipe as directed.
This was fairly simple, fairly tasty, and the kids all ate it without complaint. It seemed like the ratios might be off -- we used 4 chicken breasts and it still seemed like there was more than enough sauce. So, I'd either double the chicken or cut the other stuff in half. Also, use only 1 TBSP of oil.
Good sweet and sour kind of chicken dish.I couldn't find seedless preserves so I used jam instead. I made this and served it over rice. I might try it without the pineapple chunks next time though b/c my kids didn't care for them.Easy to make & tasted good too! 1 cup of chili sauce is equal to a 12 oz bottle so you don't need to measure it just pour it in!