Prep 1 hr
Cook 18 mins
This is so good. All I can saw is mmm mmm good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry gelatin, mix
- 1 quart fresh raspberry
- In a bowl combine flour and confectioners sugar, cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto bottom and sides of a ungreased 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- In a saucepan,combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water until smooth, then stir in corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat.Stir in gelatin and vanilla until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool to room temp,about 30 minutes. Add raspberries, stirring gently to coat.
- Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Very good recipe...I used raspberries and raspberry jello. Will make again.
I grow a lot of raspberries and this is the same recipe that has been our family favorite. I often use a ready-made choc. orea crust for the raspberry pie and it is to die for!!
This is a new favorite! I used raspberry jell-o powder instead of strawberry and a tsp. of vanilla since the amount was not specified. Also, I did not use the extra 2 tsp. of cornstarch and it turned out wuunderful! So good.