Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Family Circle. It sounds delicious but as I am alergic to nuts, the chances of me trying it are slim. If anyone tries it, I would love to know your thoughts.
- Position rack in lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350°F Butter inside and rims of 6 LARGE muffin cups with 2 tbsp of butter.
- Melt in sauce pan 1/4 cup butter.
- Measure out sugar and set aside.
- Stack 4 sheets of phyllo dough flat on top of each other and cover with plastic wrap and damp towel to prevent drying.
- Place one sheet of dough on workstation and brush with melted butter then sprinkle with sugar. Cover with second sheet of phyllo dough; butter it and sprinkle with sugar in same manner. Repeat process for remaining sheets.
- Cut stacks in 12 square stacks, 4 1/2 inches per side ( 4 strips lengthwise, 3 widthwise). Place 1 square stack in muffin cup; ease it in with the back of fingers so it covers half of the bottom and rises to hang over the side of the cup. Ease in second stack, slightly overlapping the first to cover the other half of muffin cup. Repeat for 5 remaining cups. Bake dough until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes; let cool completely then remove from muffin cups.
- Whip together in bowl until almost stiff heavy cream, sour cream, 2 table spoons sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in pistachios.
- Just before serving, place phyllo cup on serving plate and divide cream among cups.
- Garnish cups with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.
- Serve immediately.