tornadoes three's Note:
This recipe is from Family Circle. It sounds delicious but as I am alergic to nuts, the chances of me trying it are slim. If anyone tries it, I would love to know your thoughts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350°F Butter inside and rims of 6 LARGE muffin cups with 2 tbsp of butter.
- 2Melt in sauce pan 1/4 cup butter.
- 3Measure out sugar and set aside.
- 4Stack 4 sheets of phyllo dough flat on top of each other and cover with plastic wrap and damp towel to prevent drying.
- 5Place one sheet of dough on workstation and brush with melted butter then sprinkle with sugar. Cover with second sheet of phyllo dough; butter it and sprinkle with sugar in same manner. Repeat process for remaining sheets.
- 6Cut stacks in 12 square stacks, 4 1/2 inches per side ( 4 strips lengthwise, 3 widthwise). Place 1 square stack in muffin cup; ease it in with the back of fingers so it covers half of the bottom and rises to hang over the side of the cup. Ease in second stack, slightly overlapping the first to cover the other half of muffin cup. Repeat for 5 remaining cups. Bake dough until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes; let cool completely then remove from muffin cups.
- 7Whip together in bowl until almost stiff heavy cream, sour cream, 2 table spoons sugar and vanilla.
- 8Fold in pistachios.
- 9Just before serving, place phyllo cup on serving plate and divide cream among cups.
- 10Garnish cups with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Phyllo Cups With Pistachio Cream
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g