Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are heavenly! Your friends will consider you a "friend for life" if you serve these! The recipe was included in "Look Who's Cooking Now" Third Grade Class of St. Paul's Lutheran School recipe collection.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 9x13x2" baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over sides by 2".
- Butter and flour foil.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle raspberries over top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until top is golden and tester comes out clean.
- I have successfully doubled this receipe and baked it in a jellyroll pan.
YOWZA, this is an incredibly delicious treat for family or company! I followed the recipe to a "T" and it turned out beautiful. I used frozen raspberries (worked great) as they are out of season. The dough / batter is very thick so spreading / pressing it in a foil lined (glass) pan was challenging but I managed. I then pressed the frozen berries into the batter. The blondies are slightly cake like in the center of the pan and have crunchy edges from the outside of the pan. Something for everyone! . If you are impatient like me and cannot wait for them to completely cool, this would be great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Even the raw dough was yummy! Thanks acerast! Australian/New Zealand Cooking > RECIPE SWAP #14 - March 2008