This wonderful cobbler from Canadian Living magazine can be baked in a rectangular baking pan for family dinners or in individual ramekins for an elegant dinner party. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups pears, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 1Stir the milk with the vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in the vanilla.
- 3Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter just until it forms coarse crumbs.
- 5Drizzle the milk mixture over top, stirring with a fork until a sticky dough forms.
- 6Set aside for the topping.
- 7In a separate bowl, stir the brown sugar with the cornstarch.
- 8Add the pears and raspberries and gently toss to combine.
- 9Divide among eight 3/4-cup ovenproof coffee or custard cups.
- 10Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 11Drop the topping by spoonfuls over the fruit, leaving some visible.
- 12Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- 13Bake in the centre of a 375 degree F oven until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden and not doughy underneath when lifted with a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- 14Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 15Serve warm.
- 16Note: The cobbler can also be baked in a 7" x 11" baking dish. Put in all the filling and top with 8 dollops of topping. Bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Pear Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 122.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: