Recipe by Dib's
An excellent flavor combo! Great on toasted english muffins.
Top Review by Robin Cross
I tried this recipe and found it easy to make. I did substitute strawberries for the raspberries. I had often made both spiced/plain peach and/or apple butter, but found this to be a delightful variation on these fruit butters.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 lb raspberries, washed
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peaches and raspberries in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth-ish.
- Pour into a medium stainless steal or enamel pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- As the mixture thickens be prepared to stir constantly to prevent scorching.
- After about 1 1/2 hours test butter on a frozen plate.
- If no watery ring appears fill two 1/2 pint jars and 1 small jar, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.