Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Grandma Chics recipe which she uses as fillings in between sponge cake layers or in jelly roll. See my recipe for Grandma Chics Jelly Roll cake recipe. Grandma Chics Jelly Roll 1968
- 1 (15 ounce) packagesize frozen raspberries in light syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons knox unflavoured gelatin
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Thaw and drain the frozen raspberries.
- Strain the syrup and reserving a quarter cup .
- Make sure you have drained the berries well.
- In a 1/4 cup of the syrup sprinkle in the gelatin, and stir, to bloom.
- Then melt over boiling water to warm and dissolve gelatin mixture.
- Set aside and cool, to lukewarm.
- Beat the 2 1/2 cups of whipping cream and when it begins to thicken add in the cooled gelatin mixture all at once and continue to beat.
- When it is almost stiff add in the powdered icing sugar gradually, and whip until thick.
- Now fold in the well drained raspberries .
- Fill and frost your desired sponge cake.
Not enough stars for this one! Used this to fill one of the Fathers day desserts - recipe#373101. What a wonderful whipped filling - lush and lovely and stays whipped! Enough juice from the drained raspberries to make another four - froze in 1/4 cup containers to use when the lovely Brandywine raspberries ripen in my backyard garden. Thank you for sharing those Grandma Chic recipes that never fail to please - and impress!