Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Light on texture but not on taste, this is another fantastic dessert from my grandmother. It's a wonderful addition to any summer meal.
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- whipped cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole fresh raspberries
- 1 pie shell
- Heat 1 1/4 cup water to boiling.
- Add jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add ice cream and stir until it is all melted.
- Chill until mixture is thickened but not set, about 25-35 minutes.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cup raspberries, sweetened if desired.
- Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Chill until firm, 20-30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and additional berries if desired.