Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Panna Cotta literally translates as "cooked cream" in Italian. These softly set and creamy Italian puddings are wonderful served with fresh berries or fruits according to the season. They are also perfect for dinner parties because they can be made a day or two in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to be served. Time to make includes chilling. Posted for ZWT II.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the cold water & set aside.
- Combine milk, cream, sugar & liqueur in a saucepan. Bring to a quick boil & remove from heat.
- Temper the gelatin with a small amount of hot mixture then add gelatin to the remaining hot liquid.
- Pour into a 10 cup mold or fluted pan & refrigerate until set; at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- To unmold the panna cotta, briefly dip the mold in hot water and carefully flip it over on a plate.
- Garnish with berries & mint leaves.