Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are so yummy! Very simple to make yet so elegant. These are great served with coffee for breakfast or lunch.
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 tablespoons all fruit raspberry jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut each one into thirds along the fold lines.
- Roll each strip of dough out to about 16 inches long, and cut strips into thirds.
- Spread some of the hazelnut spread onto one half of each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the raspberry jam over the hazelnut spread.
- Brush the edges with egg, and fold over the other side to enclose the filling.
- Press the edges firmly to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining rectangles.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 5 slits across the top of each pastry, and place them on baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Cool on racks.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar when cooled if desired.
I've made these a couple of times and I always get tons of compliments. They're ridiculously easy and delicious. I love the combination of nutella and raspberries. You could even put a fresh berry or two in the pastry if you want to.
I want another one right now!