Recipe by helowy
My mom used to make this fruit, jello, and ice cream mold every special dinner when I was growing up. I'd forgotten about it, but I just stumbled upon it again. Had to whip some up. Mmmmmm--or maybe it is just nostalgia---you'll have to tell me. Cook time is chill time, and can probably be reduced. The instructions have been revised based on Kittencal's review.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 6 ounces red raspberries (fresh is better but frozen will work)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained well
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jello according to package directions, but only use 1 cup cold water so that it will gel thickly. Gel until firm in the refrigerator.
- Place jello into blender with ice cream (can use up to 4 cups of ice cream), and blend well until mixture is a creamy bright pink.
- Pour mixture into bowl and fold in drained fruit.
- Pour into mold and re-gel; that is, pour into jello mold and refrigerate until set and firm.
- Unmold and serve.