Saved for safekeeping from MSN.
Make and share this Raspberry or Blueberry Corn Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease twelve 2 1/2" by 1 1/4" muffin-pan cups.
- In large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat buttermilk, applesauce, vanilla, and egg until blended; stir into flour mixture just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 20 to 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately remove muffins from pans; serve warm. Or cool on wire rack.
- Note:Or, instead of buttermilk, in 1-cup glass measuring cup, place 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then add enough milk to equal 1 cup. Let mixture stand until thickened, about 5 minutes.