Recipe by Steve P.
Easy flavorful Cookie recipe. Posted per request of a member who lost it and had fond memories of these cookies.
Top Review by Aunt Willie
I can personally confirm that these bars are easy and tasty. I have made as posted, and have also substitued spice cake and used orange marmalade for the filling. Some other combos are chocolate cake mix and cherry or raspberry preserves, lemon cake with raspberry preserves and cherry chip cake with cherry preserves. Thank you for posting!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 5⁄8 cup butter or 5⁄8 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry preserves or 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves or 1 (12 ounce) jar blackberry preserves or 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine dry cake mix and oats in large bowl; add melted butter and stir until crumbly.
- Measure half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups) into prepared baking pan.
- Press firmly to cover bottom.
- Combine preserves with water; stir until blended.
- Spread over crumb mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture over preserves; pat firmly to make top even.
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until top is very light brown.
- cool in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.