Prep 30 mins
Cook 21 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Will need two 12-cup muffin pans; Grease 15 muffin cups.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and allspice.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 16-21 minutes or until tops are light golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.