Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
"I don’t know if you can handle what is happening between these slices of bread. It’s like peanut butter and jelly had a warm, oozing, more delicious baby. I shouldn’t even be showing you this. It’s just wrong." - Laura, ringfingertanline.com
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices bread (day-old challah, brioche, or other type of sweet, fluffy bread)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup nutella
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam or 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together first four ingredients.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Soak bread in milk & egg mixture for 30 seconds on each side. Place bread into the pan and let cook until bottom is golden and crisp. Turn over, and repeat with other side. Repeat with all of the bread.
- Whip the cream in a stand mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- Place 2 tablespoons of nutella and 2 tablespoons of jam on two of the bread slices. Top with remaining slices and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Serve warm.