Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
You can use other flavors of preserves for this, blueberry is really good. Cook times do not include chill time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon warm water
- Cream butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer; add flour, beating well. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill.
- Work with 1 portion of dough at a time; keep remaining dough chilled. Sift powdered sugar lightly over work surface. Roll dough into a 12x8 inch rectangle.
- Combine raisins, preserves, walnuts, brown sugar, and coconut; spread one fourth of raisin mixture over dough. Roll up jellyroll fashion, starting at short side. Pinch seams and ends together.
- Place roll, seam side down, on an ungreased baking sheet. repeat procedure with remaining dough and filling mixture.
- Bake at 325F for 55 minutes. Combine 3/4 cup powdered sugar and water, stir until blended. Drizzle powdered sugar glaze over warm srtudels. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This is a delicious Strudel! I made it exactly as described! I think you could use any flavor blueberry, blackberry. Definite keeper here. Thanks KittyKitty