Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I think this recipe was copied from a cookbook from the library.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup less 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, ground
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, ground
- In a bowl. beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until thoroughly creamed.
- Beat in egg yolks, then jam, vanilla, and rum.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder.
- Beat into creamed mixture; then stir in nuts.
- Stir about one-third of egg whites into batter to lighten it and then fold in the rest gently but thoroughly.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake cake in a 350°F oven for 65 to 70 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.