Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
The first time I saw this recipe. I thought yuck, but just had to make it. Now I have to say I really liked it.
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 1 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove mushroom stems and reserve for another use. Blanch mushroom caps in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve preserves in red wine vinegar. Stir in mustard, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Drain cooked mushrooms and add to sauce to cool. (Recipe can be prepared to this point up to 3 days in advance.)
- Thread 3 to 4 mushrooms on each of 12 skewers. Place skewers on preheated grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side before serving.