Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This pie is light, fluffy and refreshing. It has subtle raspberry flavor with miniature chocolate chips throughout the pie as well as sprinkled atop. It would be wonderful served on a hot summer day or after a heavy meal. (Note: Preparation time includes chilling time.)
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip, semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water. Allow to cool to room temperature before progressing with the remainder of the recipe.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand/stand mixer set at low speed, begin whipping the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Once the mixture begins to thicken, increase the mixer speed to medium and whip until soft peaks form.
- Once you see the soft peaks starting to form, pour a little at a time of the Jello liquid into the whipping cream. Whip until fully incorporated and mixture has reached stiff peak consistency. (If it is a hot day or hot kitchen, it may be necessary to refrigerate for 30-45 minutes and then continue whipping until desired consistency is reached).
- Fold 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips into mixture. Then pour into pie crust. To garnish, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips evenly atop the pie.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Slice into 8 servings, serve and enjoy!