Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A raspberry flavored coffee. I use a French press but any brewed coffee would work. I make mine sugar free, but regular cocoa mix and syrup can be used. I don't buy cocoa mix anymore, since making --Nimz-- Hot Chocolate Mix , which I make with Hershey's SPECIAL DARK Cocoa powder. I use about 4 tablespoons of the mix (2 per serving).
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free hot cocoa mix (Swiss Miss)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free raspberry flavored syrup (Torani)
- 2 cups brewed coffee, hot (strong)
- Heat milk in microwave for 2 minutes (I use a microwave frother).
- Stir in cocoa mix (and froth if using frother).
- Divide syrup between two large mugs and divide hot coffee and hot milk between mugs If using frother, add some froth to top.
Utterly yummy, as Annacia said! I made some adjustments for dairy free: Cashew milk and a cocoa mix of 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1/4 ounce 85 percent chocolate, 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot and xylitol for sweetener. The raspberry syrup was homemade from frozen raspberries and erythritol (no sugar free store bought syrup available here). This is a perfect balance of flavours, I could taste raspberry, cocoa and coffee at the same time without the raspberry being too loud.
Thanks for sharing this treat!
Made for All Aboard The L-O-V-E train.
What a lovely treat on a dreary day, I thought the raspeberry sounded a little strange but I was intrigued enough to want to try it and it works well with the choc coffee combo. Thanks for posting!
Delicious rasberry/chocolate flavor combination. This was made for my 2nd coffee of the morning, so it was already brewed and very quick to get together!! I didn't have a frother but it was still kinda frothy from the cocoa and milk but still decided to add some whipped cream. Thanks for sharing. Made for holiday tag.