Recipe by Slatts
This refreshing drink can be made anytime of the year using frozen raspberries. I don't know what magazine I clipped this from but the recipe is attributed to Patty Kile. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration to allow the flavors to meld.
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 30 ounces frozen raspberries or 30 ounces fresh raspberries, if in season
- 18 ounces lemonade concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan bring 3 cups of water, mint, and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in raspberries, lemonade concentrate, and remaining water.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Strain liquid into a large pitcher.
- Take the remaining raspberries and mint leaves and press through a sieve to collect remaining juices. Discard the seeds and leaves. Add collected juices to the pitcher.
- Serve over ice.