Recipe by Kitsmomma
My daughter's Girl Scout troop wanted recipes to represent Egypt for their World Thinking Day. Our troop leader, Nashawn, found this on an Egyptian recipe web site. For a pretty presentation , you can freeze some of the noncarbonated ingredients overnight so that it can float in the punch bowl to keep the drink cold. I opted not to use mint since we were serving it to kids, but I prefer the mint flavor myself. We served this with Egyptian Milk Chocolate chip Pumpkin Cake
- 1 cup of fresh mint (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter cold carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- lime wedge, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the mint leaves around the inside of a large iced tea jug or pitcher, then drop them into the glass.
- Pour in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with a lime wedge on the edge of the glass.
- Our troop leader Nashawn, also made this recipe using mint and raspberry extract to taste, and it got rave reviews.
- For an alcohol variation, add 1-2 shots (30-60ml) of dark rum to 16 ounces of cooler. (No, The Girl scouts did not partake of this version!).