Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter's Girl Scout troop wanted recipes to represent Egypt for their World Thinking Day. Our troop leader, Nashawn, found this on an Egyptian recipe web site. For a pretty presentation , you can freeze some of the noncarbonated ingredients overnight so that it can float in the punch bowl to keep the drink cold. I opted not to use mint since we were serving it to kids, but I prefer the mint flavor myself. We served this with Egyptian Milk Chocolate chip Pumpkin Cake
- 1 cup of fresh mint (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter cold carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- lime wedge, to garnish (optional)
- Rub the mint leaves around the inside of a large iced tea jug or pitcher, then drop them into the glass.
- Pour in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with a lime wedge on the edge of the glass.
- Our troop leader Nashawn, also made this recipe using mint and raspberry extract to taste, and it got rave reviews.
- For an alcohol variation, add 1-2 shots (30-60ml) of dark rum to 16 ounces of cooler. (No, The Girl scouts did not partake of this version!).