Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Essentials of Breakfast and Brunch’
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
- 22 raspberries
- 22 fresh mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- ice cube
- Select 4 tumblers.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and ½ cup water.
- Bring to a simmer over med-low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the sugar syrup form the heat and let cool.
- In a blender, combine 18 of the raspberries, the mint leaves, and the sugar syrup and process until a smooth puree forms.
- Strain the puree through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- You should have about 2/3 cup.
- Add 1 1/3 cups water.
- Fill the glasses with ice and divide the raspberry mixture among the glasses.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and remaining raspberries speared on a cocktail pick.
- Serve at once.