Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is one from my dear elderly friend Miss Nola.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beat
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- In bowl, combine flour,sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture (dough will be sticky).
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of 9" pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium till soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, till stiff peaks form.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Spoon over the crust.
- Bake 350 for 3-35 minutes till browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.