Recipe by grandma2969
not sure where I found this recipe..but sounds good in my area..there is a product Solo fillings..front of can says dairy product..it comes in apricot, almond..raspberry..different flavors..this is what I used in this recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 12 ounces raspberry preserves
- 3 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325*.grease a 13x9" pan --
- beat butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl.till light and fluffy -- add 1 egg, beat till blended.
- stir in flour until well combined.
- pat dough evnly in pan.and bake for 20 minutes.
- remove from oven and spread solo almond filling over crust.
- to prepare meringue topping:.
- beat egg whites in medium bowl at high speed till stiff and glossy -- add sugar gradually and beat.fold in coconut and almonds.
- spread over filling.return to oven and bake 20 minutes or meringue topping is lightly browned.
- cool completely in pan on wire rack.