Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is the best cheesecake you could even have! I made this for my friends birthday party, and had no idea if it would even be good. Oh, but it was!
For the crust
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces ginger snaps, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
For the filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 9 ounces white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries
For the topping
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- white chocolate, curls for garnish
- fresh raspberry (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Melt the buttr in a saucepan, then stir in the crushed cookies and nuts.
- Press into the base of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Spread evenly To make the filling: using a wooden spoon, beat the mascarpone and ricotta in a large mixing bowl, then beat in the egg, a little at a time.
- Add the sugar.
- Beat until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is smooth and creamy Melt the white chocolate gently in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan on simmering water (double boiler).
- Stir into the cheese mixture.
- Add the fresh or frozen raspberries and mix lightly Pour into the prepared pan and spread out evenly, then bake for about 1 hour or until just set.
- Switch off the oven, but do not remove the cheesecake.
- Let it cool until completely set Remove the cheesecake from the oven after setting and remove the sides of the pan and carefully lift the cheesecake onto a servng plate.
- Make the topping by mixing together the marscarpone and ricotta cheese in a bowl and spreading it over the top of the cheesecake.
- Decorate with the white chocolate curls and the fresh raspberries.