Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple to make but very rich dessert. Serve small slices of this decadent treat :) Garnish with Fresh Strwberries for a more elegant presentation if you like.
- 295.73 ml flour or 295.73 ml unbleached flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml raspberry preserves
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml almonds, grated or finely chopped
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 9.85-14.78 ml lemon juice
- For crust layer: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and egg with pastry blender until dough forms.
- Press dough over bottom and up sides of greased 9-inch round cake pan or pie pan.
- Spread 1/4 cup preserves over dough.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- For Filling: In small bowl, cream butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in almonds.
- Spoon filling over preserves layer.
- Spread gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40-50 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 2 hours.
- Loosen edges.
- Gently remove from pan.
- Spread with remaining 1/4 cup preserves.
- Drizzle Glaze over tart.
- For Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and blend well.
This was tasty. It was easy to make. I had to keep mine in the oven a little longer, but probably because the oven is old and there are hot/cold spots. This was "heavier (dense)" than I had thought it to be, but it was good.