Recipe by Steve P.
A simple to make but very rich dessert. Serve small slices of this decadent treat :) Garnish with Fresh Strwberries for a more elegant presentation if you like.
Top Review by applee
This was tasty. It was easy to make. I had to keep mine in the oven a little longer, but probably because the oven is old and there are hot/cold spots. This was "heavier (dense)" than I had thought it to be, but it was good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour or 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almonds, grated or finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust layer: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and egg with pastry blender until dough forms.
- Press dough over bottom and up sides of greased 9-inch round cake pan or pie pan.
- Spread 1/4 cup preserves over dough.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- For Filling: In small bowl, cream butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in almonds.
- Spoon filling over preserves layer.
- Spread gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40-50 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 2 hours.
- Loosen edges.
- Gently remove from pan.
- Spread with remaining 1/4 cup preserves.
- Drizzle Glaze over tart.
- For Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and blend well.