Prep 15 mins
Cook 2160 hrs
This has a deep raspberry color and deliciously strong flavor.
- In a quart jar, raspberries, 1 cup sugar, and vodka. (I use frozen raspberries as the freezing process breaks down the cell walls, allowing you to get more juice).
- Seal jar tightly, and place in a dry, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- After two weeks, strain the liquid using a double layer of cheese cloth. Gently squeeze the raspberries, getting as much juice from the raspberries as possible.
- In a fresh quart jar, add the second cup of sugar, glycerin, water to top and the strained liquid. Seal and store again in a dark place until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has all dissolved, bottle the resulting liqueur in a fresh bottle and let age for roughly 3 months.