If you love Chambord as I do but suffer sticker shock when buying it, here's a good substitute. It doesn't taste exactly the same when drinking it straight up, but when mixed in cocktails you won't be able to tell the difference. I use one of those fancy Chambord bottles to store it in. Cook time is the LONG mellowing time. ( 3 months so plan ahead)
- Rinse the berries & cut into small pieces or mash with a fork. Place in a container, add vodka.
- Cap and store in a cool, dark place, stir once a week for 2 - 4 weeks.
- Strain & transfer the unsweetened liqueur to an ageing container (glass bottle or container with tight cap).
- Add the sugar, recap & let mellow for at least 3 months.
- Pour to a new bottle. Add more sugar if necessary.