Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Refreshing icy cold cocktail Prep: 20 minutes does not include (+30 minutes cooling & 8 hours freezing time)
- 100 g caster sugar (1/2 cup)
- 125 ml water (1/2 cup)
- 250 ml fresh lime juice (1 cup)
- 300 g frozen raspberries
- 185 ml tequila (3/4 cup)
- 125 ml triple sec (1/2 cup) or 125 ml Cointreau liqueur (1/2 cup)
- soda water, chilled to serve
- lime wedge, to serve
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil.
- Cook, without stirring for 5 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly.
- Pour into a heatproof jug.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool.
- combine the lime juice and half the sugar syrup in a shallow 4 cup capacity airtight container.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until icy around the edges.
- Use a fork to break up the frozen mixture.
- Place in the freezer for 6 hrs or overnight, or until firm.
- Place the raspberries in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, gently pushing the raspberry through with the back of a spoon.
- Discard the seeds.
- Add tequila, triple sec or Cointreau and remaining sugar syrup to the raspberry, and stir until combined.
- Divide the raspberry mixture among serving glasses.
- Use a fork to roughly break up the lime juice mixture.
- Spoon over the raspberry mixture.
- Top with the soda water and serve with live wedges, if desired.