Refreshing icy cold cocktail Prep: 20 minutes does not include (+30 minutes cooling & 8 hours freezing time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- 2Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil.
- 3Cook, without stirring for 5 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly.
- 4Pour into a heatproof jug.
- 5Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool.
- 6combine the lime juice and half the sugar syrup in a shallow 4 cup capacity airtight container.
- 7Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until icy around the edges.
- 8Use a fork to break up the frozen mixture.
- 9Place in the freezer for 6 hrs or overnight, or until firm.
- 10Place the raspberries in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- 11Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, gently pushing the raspberry through with the back of a spoon.
- 12Discard the seeds.
- 13Add tequila, triple sec or Cointreau and remaining sugar syrup to the raspberry, and stir until combined.
- 14Divide the raspberry mixture among serving glasses.
- 15Use a fork to roughly break up the lime juice mixture.
- 16Spoon over the raspberry mixture.
- 17Top with the soda water and serve with live wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry-Lime Slushies
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: