Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Joy of Kosher website
Make and share this Raspberry Lemonade Marshmallows recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly spray 11x15 baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine raspberry puree and the gelatin in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine lemon juice, corn syrup, salt and sugar in a 6-quart sauce pan on medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, be sure to brush the sides of the pan with a clean, moistened pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming.
- Using a candy thermometer, continue to boil the mixture until it reaches 240°F Do NOT stir.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the gelatin mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a stand mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Whip mixture for 12 minutes - starting on the lowest setting and gradually increasing to high.
- Add lemon zest to mixture and whip for 30 more seconds.
- Scrape mixture into sheet pan and let set at room temperature at least 4.
- After mixture has cooled and set, combine cornstarch and confectioners sugar and dust onto top.
- Carefully coat a knife with more cornstarch mixture and cut into cubes, shaking each cube to remove excess powder.
I am in love with these marshmallows, lol! I had a bit of a fight with them as I was trying to get the beaten mixture to the sheet pan, but eventually I prevailed, so all was good. I've never made marshmallows before, but these definitely put storebought marshmallows to shame! These have so much more flavor, too. I think I could've cut the cornstarch/sugar mixture in half, because I was left with quite a bit of it after the marshmallows had been dusted, cut, and dusted again. The kitchen looked like I had just tossed the bowl up in the air, but you never would've known it by looking at the leftovers in the bowl. No matter, though -- I still love these marshmallows! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014