Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 18 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Raspberry-Lemonade Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- red food coloring
Creamy Raspberry Frosting
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- red food coloring
- 5 -5 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour eighteen 2 1/2 muffin cups or line with paper bake cups.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on med-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, and liqueur.
- Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Tint batter pink with red food coloring.
- Spoon batter into the prepared cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- Frosting-in a large bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating well.
- Beat in milk, raspberry liqueur, and 5 drops red food coloring.
- Gradually beat in 5-5 1/2 cups additional powdered sugar to make a frosting of spreading or piping consistency.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto tops of cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and/or raspberries.