1 hr 5 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
Posted by request :) Recipe from the Betty Crocker Cake Mix Recipes Book Spring/2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped vanilla frosting
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (garnish)
- lemon peel, strips (garnish)
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Spray bottom of a 13X9 inch pan with baking spray w/flour.
- 3In a small bowl, mix hot water and gelatin until completely disolved; cool slightly.
- 4In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture, 1/4 cup of the lemonade concentrate, water, oil, and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- 5Beat on med speed 2 mintes.
- 6Pour into pan, reserve remaining gelatin mixture and lemonade concentrate.
- 7Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8Poke warm cake every inch with fork tnes. Remove 1 tbls of the reserved gelatin mixture to microwavable custard cup or small bowl.
- 9In another small bowl, mix remaining gelatin mixture and remaining 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate; pour slowly over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 10In medium bowl, fold together frosting and whipped topping; frost cake.
- 11Microwave 1 tbls gelatin mixture uncovered on high 10 seconds to liquefy.
- 12Using 1/4 tsp measuring spoon, place small drops of gelatin mixture over frosting; with spoon or toothpick, swirl gelatin into frosting.
- 13Garnish each piece with raspberries and lemon peel strips.
- 14Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Lemonade Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.0
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 316.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g