Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another recipe from Sunset. Absolutely delicious sweet-tart flavor.
- In a small bowl, with a potato masher or spoon, mash 1 cup rinsed fresh raspberries (6 oz.) with 2/3 cup sugar.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Press through a fine strainer into a pitcher (at least 1 1/2 qt.); discard seeds.
- Stir in 1 cup lemon juice and 2 cups water.
- Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Pour into tall, ice-filled glasses. Makes about a quart.
My daughter made this the other night and it was good. We thought the ratios were a bit off, so added a bit more fresh-squeezed lemon juice (~3 Tbsp) and a bit more sugar (~1 Tbsp).
I used beautiful sweet raspberries that I picked in my yard last summer. They were wonderful in this tart lemonade. Added extra sugar and it was perfect. I really enjoyed the big, bold, raw flavor of the lemonade, you could taste both the raspberries and the lemons. We thought it was perfection served over ice. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make often. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.
We were disappointed with how sour and strong this lemonade turned out to be. The ratio is usually 1 c. lemon juice to 4 c. water so I added more water and we like it a little better. Still very sour though and I like my lemonade more on the sour side than on the sweet. Maybe if the raspberries had been sweeter...