Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really enjoy the tartness of this recipe. I adapted this from another recipe. When you don't thaw and drain the raspberries the dessert ends up almost pudding like, which is wonderful served warm. It was a mistake that turned out wonderfully!
- 3 cups frozen raspberries (1 pound)
- 7⁄8 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using your fingers, combine the butter, ½ cup of the sugar, and 1 and ½ cups of the flour and blend together until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased nonstick 9 inch springform or cake pan and press evenly to form a crust.
- Bake the crust until lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees.
- Scatter the drained raspberries evenly over the baked crust.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining ¾ cup of sugar.
- Whisk in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and the remaining ¼ cup of flour.
- Pour the lemon cream over the raspberries.
- Bake the tart until the custard is set, about 30 minutes.
I was just going through my cookbook and cannot believe that I hadn't reviewed this recipe yet. I have made it at least 4 times in the past year. It's a "tart" lovers dream. Not for the faint of heart. It's got good zing. Thank you for posting.