Prep 15 mins
Cook 34 mins
Another recipe found on the web and placed here for safe keeping. Untried by me with plans to try soon.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Combine the flour with 3 tablespoons sugar and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press the mix firmly into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Combine with a whisk the 2/3 cup sugar, egg substitute, lemon juice,, lemon peel and baking powder until blended.
- Remove crust from oven. Pour lemon mixture over warm crust.
- Place fruit spread in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted.
- Drizzle fruit spread over lemon mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until very lightly browned around edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugar evenly over top. Cut into 16 squares.