Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Any time of day, a thick, frosty smoothie bursting with fruit flavour, cold milk and yogurt makes a nutritious snack or part of a balanced meal. This recipe is from the Dairy Board of Canada. Enjoy!
- 2 cups milk (any kind)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup lemon-flavoured yogurt (nonfat. lowfat, whatever you prefer) or 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavoured yogurt (nonfat, lowfat, whatever you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey (or to taste)
- In a blender, combine milk, frozen fruit, yogurt and other flavourings (as called for); purée until smooth.
- Pour into glasses; serve immediately.
This was a terrific smoothie Nif. I made this exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. It was a great wake me up. Tart, tangy and fresh. It was rich, thick and delicious. I used a nice thick greek lemon yogurt and fresh raspberries from my back yard bushes. Garnished with a little whipped cream and more wildflower honey. Thanks for sharing this treat. Made for Think Pink 2012.
This smoothie is very yummy. I made enough for 2 days. The next day I stirred it with a spoon. Thanks Nif :) Made for Photo tag game
Wowee...this sure hit the spot Jen. I used frozen blackberry's picked last fall and used 1 8oz container of Yoplait lite-peach yogurt. I skipped the lemon zest and added a good healthy squirt of honey. Used skim milk too. Trying to stay healthy ya know? This sure is guilt-free. TYSM. Made for KK's Recipe-tag~