Recipe by MamaJ
This is a lovely summer dessert. It is light and refreshing and low calorie to boot! It also looks beautiful when served. Low fat ingredients can be used but I wouldn't recommend using fat free cream cheese.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Well, now, this was fun to make, it being my first every attempt at such a roll! I followed the directions as given, but ended up NOT using all of either the the cream cheese or the pastry filling, since I didn't want it too full to roll properly! What was left over I simply served on the side, & this dessert was a hit! Oh, yes, I also left out the liquor because of AA friends! Thanks much for sharing! [Made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
- 1 (18 ounce) angel food cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar raspberry pastry filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a jelly roll pan and line with waxed paper.
- Grease and flour paper.
- Mix cake according to package directions and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at recommended temperature until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and turn onto powdered sugar coated kitchen towel.
- Remove waxed paper and roll up jelly roll fashion, starting with the short side, to cool.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, zest and Cool Whip and mix thoroughly. (If it's too thick to spread or you would like a stronger lemon flavor, add a little fresh lemon juice.).
- Once the cake is cool, unroll and brush with Chambord.
- Spread pastry filling over all and top with cream cheese mixture spreading evenly to the edges.
- Roll up.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, lemon slices and raspberries.