Top Review by Abby C
This recipe was delicious! Except I used 4 egg whites instead of 4 egg yolks (it cuts some calories). This was great, my whole family loved it. Thanks Charishma, for this wonderful recipe!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, baked
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Now add milk, egg yolks, butter and lemon peel.
- Cook and keep stirring while you do so over medium heat until it has thickened.
- Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Now refrigerate until cool.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour carefully into a pastry shell, cover and chill for atleast 4 hours.
- Just before serving, chop the raspberries in an artistic style and garnish in a creative and beautiful manner!