I have not tried this recipe yet. I keep forgetting to get the raspberries at the store. But I thought it sounded good enough to share.
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, egg whites, and, if using, lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended.
- Gently stir in the frozen raspberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over the tops for decoration, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.