Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- Mix together first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, butter, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until test done.
Very dry and quite tasteless. Sorry. Needs about 1/4 c more sugar and probably 1/4 c more milk to be decent. Baking temp was also too high. Baked 20 mins at 375C as 400C too high for muffins. Baked up perfectly. Thanks anyways. Glad some like it.
Tasty little morsels. I used fresh berries from my bush and made them into 6 jumbo muffins. :)
Scrummy!!! Easy to make and even easier to eat. My husband, who won't eat yoghurt or berries, loves these muffins (much to my disgust, I made them for me!) Just remember to add the juice with the berries. YUM