Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low fat and Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemons, rind of or 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine next 4 ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together until moist.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Spoon into 12 muffin tins and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 16-20 minutes.
Very nice muffins, will definately make again while the bush is giving us berries. I had Lemon Meringue yogurt so I used that and added a tsp of vanilla extract. I left out the lemon rind because I didn't have it but would add it in the future. I used 2 whole eggs and only 1/2 cup sugar, changed it to whole wheat flour and added an extra 1/2 tsp of baking powder, added 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. I always find with raspberry recipes the berries end up being few and far between so when I added the raspberries I broke them all in half.
Yum! I was looking for a different muffin recipe and happened to have the ingredients on hand for this one. I've never used yoghurt in cooking before but decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did! The muffins taste wonderful - sweet and a bit tart.
I reduced the sugar to 1/2 C, left out the lemon rind/zest, used a whole egg and added some vanilla essence as my yoghurt was plain. The mixture was very thick so I also added a little water along with the raspberries. Even the uncooked batter tasted delicious!
After cooking for a little bit too long, some muffins had black bottoms. But they were crispy on the outside and soooo good.