Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
This recipe appears in the June issue of Woman's Day magazine. Serve in clear glass custard cups to show the different layers.
- 236.59 ml raspberries
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large egg yolks
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml raspberry extract
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml milk
- confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Fill roasting pan with 1/2 inch of hot tap water; place in center of oven.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- You'll need eight 6 ounce custard cups; place 4or 5 raspberries on the bottom of each.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat in 2 tablespoons of the sugar until stiff, shiny peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- With same beaters (no need to wash), beat yolks and remaining sugar in a large bowl until mixture is light.
- Beat in flour, extract, lemon zest and juice.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Using a wire whisk, gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture just until combined.
- Divide batter among prepared cups (cups should be filled to the top).
- Place cups in hot water in roasting pan.
- Bake until puddings are puffed and golden brown on top -- about 24 minutes.
- Serve puddings warm or at room temperature, with confectioners' sugar and remaining raspberries.
I found this recipe while going through my recipe box a week ago. I had pulled the page from Women's Day magazine June 17, 2008 issue. Made it for the first time a couple of days ago... sorry I waited so long!! It was amazing!! Made exactly as directed... but I did cook it for a few extra minutes to get the golden brown top. It's definitely a keeper!!