1/1 Photo of Raspberry-Lemon Custard Cakes
This recipe appears in the June issue of Woman's Day magazine. Serve in clear glass custard cups to show the different layers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill roasting pan with 1/2 inch of hot tap water; place in center of oven.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F.
- 3You'll need eight 6 ounce custard cups; place 4or 5 raspberries on the bottom of each.
- 4Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- 5Beat in 2 tablespoons of the sugar until stiff, shiny peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- 6With same beaters (no need to wash), beat yolks and remaining sugar in a large bowl until mixture is light.
- 7Beat in flour, extract, lemon zest and juice.
- 8Gradually beat in milk.
- 9Using a wire whisk, gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture just until combined.
- 10Divide batter among prepared cups (cups should be filled to the top).
- 11Place cups in hot water in roasting pan.
- 12Bake until puddings are puffed and golden brown on top -- about 24 minutes.
- 13Serve puddings warm or at room temperature, with confectioners' sugar and remaining raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry-Lemon Custard Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 45.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g