This recipe appears in the June issue of Woman's Day magazine. Serve in clear glass custard cups to show the different layers.
- Fill roasting pan with 1/2 inch of hot tap water; place in center of oven.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- You'll need eight 6 ounce custard cups; place 4or 5 raspberries on the bottom of each.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat in 2 tablespoons of the sugar until stiff, shiny peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- With same beaters (no need to wash), beat yolks and remaining sugar in a large bowl until mixture is light.
- Beat in flour, extract, lemon zest and juice.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Using a wire whisk, gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture just until combined.
- Divide batter among prepared cups (cups should be filled to the top).
- Place cups in hot water in roasting pan.
- Bake until puddings are puffed and golden brown on top -- about 24 minutes.
- Serve puddings warm or at room temperature, with confectioners' sugar and remaining raspberries.