Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this is a Good Housekeeping magazine this month and tried it recently. It's easy and so delicious! If you're a fan of raspberries I think you'll like it too.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup prepared lemon curd
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 tablespoons seedless red raspberry jam
- lemon peel, strips (to garnish)
- Frosting: In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream and vanilla; increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cake: Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 even slices. Place the bottom slice on a platter and spread with half of the lemon curd. Reserve 1/2 cup of raspberries for garnish. Arrange half the remaining berries over the lemon curd. Spread 1 side of each remaining pound cake slice with jam. Place 1 pound cake slice, jam side down over raspberry-topped cake. Repeat with remaining lemon curd, raspberries, and pound cake. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Garnish cake with lemon peel and reserved berries.
Absolutely delicious. Not too sweet. The dish is light and tasty...perfect for summer. The combination of lemon curd and raspberries really made the dish.Try this dessert, you won't be disappointed.