Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my friend the master baker, the best frosting ever. Fantastic with white, chocolate or lemon cake, or the lemonade cupcakes here: http://www.food.com/recipe/lemonade-cupcakes-95878/review#rz-w This one could make your reputation.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons mashed raspberries (fresh or frozen thawed, use the juice too!)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter for 8 minutes on medium speed (I use “4″ on my KitchenAid). Butter will become very pale & creamy. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 6 minutes. Frosting will be very light, creamy, and fluffy. Best used right away.
This frosting is delicious! I used it on lemonade cupcakes--what a great combination! I think it would be good on plain white or yellow cupcakes.