Recipe by Montana Heart Song
The fruit is blended. Then it can be frozen into cubes and thawed for future pies. It is quick easy and tastes good for those hot summer days.
- 1 large fresh lemon, cut in quarters, seeds removed and top cut out
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, washed (cut sugar to 1 1/4 cup if using Jello gelatin) or 1 (3 ounce) packagejello raspberry gelatin powder (cut sugar to 1 1/4 cup if using Jello gelatin)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour or 1⁄4 cup rice flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lemon pieces including rind in blender and the raspberries. Puree. Take out of blender and add beaten eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and evaporated milk and flour. Whisk so the flour and all is blended.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put pie crust in deep dish pie pan.
- Prick unbaked pie shell and bake 8 minutes.
- Take out pour in filling.
- Wrap foil around outside edges of crust.
- Bake 50 minutes until top is nicely browned and filling set. Place a knife in the middle to see if it comes out clean. If so, the filling in the middle is done.
- Note: This is a good recipe to use up all of the lemons, blend freeze in cubes and put in plastic bags.