Recipe by nadia murray
This recipe originally came off a Keebler graham cracker box and were called Magic Cookie Bars. These are different than the typical layer bars because of the raspberry jam. They are easy and delicious.
Top Review by Northwest Lynnie
Thank you for sharing this recipe, Nadia, I loved the idea of these bars. I used cherry jam with a couple of drops of almond extract added to it, instead of the raspberry jam, and chopped almonds for the nuts. The finished results were lovely, but that 1/4 cup (same as 4 TBSPS) sugar in the crumb crust made the bars waaay too sweet. Next time I will totally omit the sugar. I look forward to trying this recipe with other jam flavors...I bet apricot would be good! Lynnie
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups raspberry jam
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for glass dish.) Mix melted butter, sugar and crumbs together; press firmly into 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs; chill for 10 minutes.
- Layer in raspberry jam over condensed milk.
- Top with coconut and nuts and bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Chill if desired.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.