Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe originally came off a Keebler graham cracker box and were called Magic Cookie Bars. These are different than the typical layer bars because of the raspberry jam. They are easy and delicious.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups raspberry jam
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for glass dish.) Mix melted butter, sugar and crumbs together; press firmly into 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs; chill for 10 minutes.
- Layer in raspberry jam over condensed milk.
- Top with coconut and nuts and bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Chill if desired.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Thank you for sharing this recipe, Nadia, I loved the idea of these bars. I used cherry jam with a couple of drops of almond extract added to it, instead of the raspberry jam, and chopped almonds for the nuts. The finished results were lovely, but that 1/4 cup (same as 4 TBSPS) sugar in the crumb crust made the bars waaay too sweet. Next time I will totally omit the sugar. I look forward to trying this recipe with other jam flavors...I bet apricot would be good! Lynnie
wow, wow really yummy. I love raspberry anything especially with condensed milk and graham crackers and coconut. easy too. great presentation.