I first made this in New Zealand - we lived near a berry farm (where you picked your own) that also sold dried herbs and country crafts, so was able to get all of the ingredients in one go. It's basically the Edmonds recipe for raspberry jam with lavender added. We also went to Hampton Court Palace here when they had the kitchens fired up - apparently Queen Elizabeth I loved lavender and insisted on having lavender conserve available all year round.
My Private Note
g - app ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1The night before you make this jam put the raspberries into a non-reactive bowl and shred the lavender over the top. Stir to combine and leave covered in the fridge.
- 2The next day, put the berries and lavender into a pan and cook on a low heat.
- 3When the juice starts to run from the berries, bring the pan to the boil.
- 4Once boiling, add the sugar and stir briskly until the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Once the sugar has dissolved, boil the mixture for about 5 minutes, then pour into sterilised jars.
- 6Store in a cool dark place - due to the lavender it needs to sit so wait for about 1-2 weeks before consuming.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Lavender Jam
Serving Size: 1 (869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: