Recipe by Mom2Rose
The secret to this recipe is an unroll-and-fill pie crust that makes this gorgeous dessert so easy!
- 1 (8 ounce) can almond paste
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 3 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 2 tablespoons smucker's seedless red raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Spray large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- Break up almond paste into medium bowl; add butter and egg white.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in melted chocolate until well blended.
- (Or, in food processor bowl with metal blade, break up almond paste; add butter and egg white. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until smooth. Add melted chocolate. Cover; process until smooth.).
- Unroll pie crust; place on center of cookie sheet.
- Spoon almond filling onto middle of crust; spread evenly to within 1 1/2 to 2 inches of edge.
- Fold edge of crust over filling, forming pleats; press down slightly.
- Spread jam over filling.
- Sprinkle almonds over filling and crust.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Garnish top with light sprinkling of powdered sugar and dollops of whipped cream.